Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Another day in Bangkok!

Today we decided we were going to take easy, sleep in and make no plans.

I'm still not feeling 100% so the sleeping in helped a lot! 
At around 11 we decided to get out and go back to Khao San Road to book a tour for tomorrow, have lunch, and then go for $4 massages!

I once again had to skip lunch and stick to my bottle of water since even the smell of food made me nauseous! This whole stomach sickness has been really weird! It is only pain and it seems to be a day thing! Most nights I feel fine... Maybe my body is reacting to the heat! Who knows!!

The highlight of the day was my massage!!! It was sooooo good! I picked a back, head, and shoulder massage and that man made sure to stretch my whole body and to crack every single bone (well, probably the joints and not the bones!)

We had to switch from the hotel to a hostel so in the early afternoon we headed to our new accommodation. I was feeling extremely sick and very low on energy that I decided that it was a better idea to stay and rest at the hostel that to meet with the others!
 Somehow I was feeling a little guilty because if I didn't go that meant not saying goodbye to Lukas so even though I was feeling crappy I went! 
We took the sky train to a station close to the Baiyoke Sky Hotel and then decided to walk... Bad decision! On the map the hotel looked so close!!! It really seemed like we were a block or two away! But no... We walked for about 30 mins and we still weren't there! The more we walked the more I felt like I was going to pass out! It got to a point that I couldn't anymore and I told the girls that I would pay for a tuk tuk because I really wasn't going to make it!

We got into a "really expensive" tuk tuk (50 baht for 3 blocks) and we were stuck in local market traffic for like 10 mins! We finally made it to the Baiyoke hotel 30 mins passed our meeting time!

The Baiyoke Sky Hotel is the tallest tower in Bangkok and it has a rotating platform on the 84th floor where people can see the whole city of Bangkok!
Once we arrived they had a bunch of M&M's machines all over and I decided that M&M's were going to be my first meal of the day and somehow after that I felt completely fine which made me wonder if I was low on sugar or something like that and that got me sick!
Anyway, the view from the platform was pretty nice! We even got to see the sunset!

Sophia is a scary tuk tuk driver


Bangkok at night

After sunset we decided to go to the bar for a drink and then walk around the local market and find some food.
It is amazing how right outside the big hotel area they have tons of local markets with clothes and a bunch of knick knacks to buy.

After grabbing dinner (at a mall... Classy) we decided to find a bar or a place to hang out. Since we don't know the city at all we couldn't find a place and we just kept walking to the point that we were getting annoyed! Then we passed next to a big mall and on the top it looked like there were some lights and things were happening. I then told the group that in El Salvador the mayor clubs and bars are inside the mall so we decided to give it a try!

We somehow figured out how to get to the bar and the place was FANCY! VERY fancy for a bunch of tourists wearing tshirts and flip flops!  W e decided to go in any way since we could afford the $3 sodas (I felt a little ashamed to ask for water so I ended up buying a seven up.. First time drinking soda after like 10 years!)
The club was impressive! We sat on the terrace overlooking Bangkok!
After a while two boys came out dressed as Angels (the bar is called Heaven) and danced around in their shirtless suits! We were entertained to say the least!
Then came the girls wearing flowery bikinis and spraying bubbles all over! Fun!
After a while they had a wardrobe change and they came out wearing neon costumes!!

Once it got late it was time to say our final goodbye to Lukas :-(
The four of us walked together to the sky train and he had to take a different train than us... So sad! Here he is with a very sad face... We will miss him!



No comments:

Post a Comment