Sunday, January 5, 2014

On our way to Luang Prabang

This morning we got in a bus for a 7 hour drive to Luang Prabang! 
View from our room this morning was very nice:
On our way we had two touristy stops. 
First was at an illegal market where locals sell animals that are not meant to be killed and eaten!
We saw mountain goats, cats!!!!! Street cats (super sad), super big rats, moles, frogs, and even bats... Disgusting! 

I even asked our local guide how they eat bats and he said that they either boil or steam them...yuk!

They also had whiskey for sale! Not your regular whiskey though! This one had animal intestines inside... Such a delicacy! Haha

Our second stop was at a scenic view! 
It was very beautiful to be surrounded by mountain! Perfect spot for yet another group picture :-)

I loved the loo with the view:

I slept the whole seven hours!!!! The whole route was extremely curvy and luckily I got the whole last row all for myself :-) (I don't know how happy the rest of the group was about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment