Sunday, January 5, 2014

Finally made it to Luang Prabang!!!

We got to Luang Prabang in the late afternoon and went for our orientation walk!
The touristy part is quite small and we only went for dinner at Lao Lao and then headed to their night market!

Hands down one of the best night markets I have visited so far!
They have tons of knick knacks so I had a great time buying stuff out for my friends, the kids, and myself.
I don't tend to buy much when I travel but this time they have so many cute little stuff that I can't help myself! The good thing is that they don't weight all that much nor occupy much space!

The only sad thing about this market is that there a lot of little kids selling! At times some stalls didn't even have a grown up in them! 

A monkey for Hunter Z!
An elephant for ASR!!!
An "I 💜 Mom" pin for my mom :-)
After much shopping I went back to the hotel with one of the group members and we got lost! 
We saw a house full of people partying and decided to say "sabaidee" and ask for directions... We did not get much help with figuring out how to get to our hotel but we did get offered a shot of something very strange a couple of times! We politely declined every time and after about 7 minutes we were able to grab our map back from their hands, said "copchai" and went the other direction! 

No comments:

Post a Comment