Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The end is here!!

This morning Becca, Sophia, and I woke up earlyish, finished packing and checked out of our room.
We decided to go get breakfast together but somehow we couldn't find any restaurants or bakeries to go eat so Becca and I had a street "pancake" (crêpe) and Sophia went to 7eleven to get her coffee! 
We walked back to the hostel and said our goodbyes to Becca :-(
Sophia and I took the sky train and went to the Chatuchak market! The biggest market in Thailand and the biggest weekend Market in the world!!! 

The market had pretty much anything you can imagine! It ranges from really cheap, 100Baht for 2 t-shirts, to more expensive stores with one of kind hand made things!

They also had all kinds of food... We started with a coconut ice cream

And then a rectangular Popsicle!

And then some sticky rice and mango... The very last one of the trip!!

We were there for 2 1/2 hours and we didn't even go through 1/4 of the market! It was huge!
Here are some of the fancier shops... I took the jewelry one for Titi :-)



After some shopping we headed back to the hostel and I was picked up by my taxi at around 2pm and drove to the airport :-(

My journey has ended but the memories will stay with me forever!
I went to amazing places and met some pretty great people (and some pretty annoying ones, I'm not going to lie!) but now it's all over and it's time to go back home, back to work, and save even more to keep on traveling... Next adventure starting June 26th... 6 countries in South America!!
... My backpack is ready for more patches!!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment