Monday, January 6, 2014

Sick and tired of rice and noodles

So today on our way back from riding Elephants Griegan asked me questions about El Salvador  and I ended up talking about food and showing them pictures of pupusas and riguas with lots of melted cheese... We were all dreaming of cheese to say the least!

I think we have gotten to the point that we would do anything not to have rice or noodles for one day!

Once we got back to the hotel OLeang said that she was not going to join us for dinner tonight so we were on our own. I went up to my room and looked up restaurant recommendations on trip advisor and the #1 spot in Luang Prabang was a pizza place!
I immediately went downstairs to see if anybody wanted to join me for some pizza tonight and asked OLeang to make a reservation!

After sunset we all headed to the pizza place. In order to get there we had to cross a bamboo bridge, go up the hill until we found a white sign with the word "pizza" in it and some writing in Laotian. Once we found the sign we had to go into the English school and all the way to the backyard... And that's where the pizzas are made! In a school's backyard!

The menu was very simple... Only 6 options!
I ordered my vegetarian pizza and OMG... Pizza was FABULOUS! They make it in  a brick oven and the flavor was amazing! We were all quiet eating our pizza! It totally hit the spot!
We loved it so much that all of us decided to order a pizza to go for tomorrow's lunch! Yumm!!

After getting stuffed with pizza we all went for a night market walk to get fruit and snacks for the boat ride.
While looking for snacks I went into a busy alley and found a whole bunch of food stands selling pretty much anything Thai... Only not vegetarian :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment