Friday, January 3, 2014

Halong Bay

After 14+ hours on a train we finally made it to Hanoi! Sadly, we had to take a four hour bus to Halong bay!!
I think Halong bay was one of the stops I was the most excited about and unfortunately we got here on a foggy day and what I had in my mind wasn't really what we got! I guess that's what you get when you have high expectations!

The view wasn't at all bad, we just couldn't see all that far and appreciate the many islands.

Our day started by taking a boat and having a seafood lunch on board. Food was good but the view (even though foggy) was the best!


The whole group except Becca and I went on a kayaking tour to some caves and paddled around some of the islands. Becca and I tried to get a boat to take us around but failed! No one would take us unless our local guide had arranged it before he went kayaking so we went up to the top of the boat and I decided to take a cat nap :-)


Becca relaxing :-)


When the whole group returned we kept sailing awayyyy... 
Halong bay has 1969 islands (same year as Ho Chi Minh died, tour guide repeated that sentence at least 7 times) and it means descending dragon ( he also said it 7 times!), it is a world heritage site and a natural wonder!!


We stopped at one big island which has a massive cave inside it! 

Jumpshot outside the caves:

Then, we saw a BEAUTIFUL sunset on our way back!



No comments:

Post a Comment