Thursday, December 26, 2013

Exploring beyond Nha Trang


Today was a mud bath day! The whole group went to the mud baths and spent 5hours in mud and thermal pools. Since I'm not a big fan I decided to hire a moped and go explore a little more outside the city.

My first stop was at NHA THO NUI Cathedral which I saw yesterday when I was on the moped ride. The cathedral is at the top of a little hill and has a pretty cool architecture! I have been impressed at how many Catholic Churches there are in Vietnam! I don't think there were so many in Cambodia!





Then I headed towards BO HA WATERFALLS! 
I saw this as an attraction on trip advisor and I thought it would be a cool thing to see! It took about 45 mins to get there but the view was well worth the drive and the butt pain!!
We went through mountains overlooking the water, it was truly beautiful and magical. Along the water we saw many many boats and we even stopped at the local fish market and I was able to see some men fishing in their little round bamboo boats! I was impressed with their balancing! It reminded me of the little boys in their round buckets on the floating village in Siem Reap!







After a long time we finally arrived to a sign that says "BAHO 2km"... Oh my! Those are probably the longest 2 km of my life! It took approximately 15 mins because the road was made of dirt and rocks! We bounced our whole way into the entrance!!!!

Once I got my ticket we had to walk for about 20 mins up hill until we reached the huge rocks where the stream passes! The only way to go up is to climb the huge rocks and go through the water so I had to take my shoes off, put camera away, and try my best not to fall on the water! It was not at all an easy task, it was actually extremely difficult!!!! Plus I didn't have the right pants! I was scared that they would rip when I jumped from rock to rock!!!






On our way back to the hotel we stopped by NUI HON CHONG which are some pretty cool rock formations that were a good opportunity for pictures... Nothing too special for a whole bunch of rocks !!!




Once back at the hotel I had some time to relax before we had to leave for yet another night time train!

No comments:

Post a Comment