Thursday, December 26, 2013

Welcome to Nha Trang


By 6:30 am we arrived in Nha Trang and thankfully all our rooms were available and we were able to freshen up before going for breakfast.

Oleang, our guide, gave us two choices for breakfast: American or Vietnamese. Only 5 of us decided to go for Vietnamese and for the first time in my life I had Phō!

The phō was pretty good to be a soup! I did ask for vegetarian but only god knows what the broth is made of... I decided not to even ask! 
I really enjoyed my huge pot of Phō and what I like the most was putting basil and spicy sauce on it which gave it a great flavor :-) 




After a quick breakfast we had to go back to the American cafe and wait for an hour for the others to get their food and finish eating. While waiting Oleang told us about our Christmas dinner and gift exchange. We need to buy a present that can be for either a boy or a girl and has to have either red or green in it! And it also has to be wrapped with whatever we can find and the price range should be a minimum of $3 and a max if $5! This should be fun!

Once breakfast was over we went for a quick tour of downtown Nha Trang to get ourselves acquainted with the area. 

 The beach was beautiful, you could see mountains at the back and it looked very peaceful!
 


Since I'm not a beach kind of person I decided to go rent a bike an explore the city a little more before our 2pm moped ride. Beck, my roommate, decided to come along and explore with me.

First, we rode next to the water and just admired the view! It was really really beautiful!
What I enjoyed the most was seeing the colorful boats along the water... Many times I've seen them in pictures or magazines so it is a pretty amazing feeling when you realize you are there! You are seeing Vietnam and its beauty with your own eyes!  


Here is a warning sign not to get in the water because it is dangerous!!!! So people can only rent a chair and lay on the sun all day long!!! (Fun?!?!)


I loved seeing this man fishing on a tiny boat in the middle of the ocean




Then we turned around and decided to go explore the city and how people live!

I saw the local market and decided to go inside and look for my Christmas present! It was extremely scary because we went in with our bikes and riding inside a market full of mopeds honking at you is no fun! I did my best not to fall!

I got the idea of getting a "Vietnam survival kit"  so I had a great time trying to find all the objects for my packet in the market! And in the meantime I got myself a hat :-)




After a long time shopping we decided to go back since it was getting closer to my moped tour time! The market was so confusing and big that we ended up getting out in a totally different place and we had a hard time finding our way back to the hotel!

I really enjoy getting lost because you get to see things that you didn't plan or even didn't know existed! This time we ended up going through the tiniest street that had a little stream of yucky water in the middle! I didn't even know how to ride my bike through it and was afraid I was going to fall and get all dirty with yucky water!
Anyway, while riding I saw two men holding a naked dead duck upside down and burning its skin with a blow torch!!! I knew I had to stop and take a picture of it... How random is that? I loved it!


I kept riding through the very small street and saw a moped full of dead chickens coming my way and I quickly got my camera out and apparently it scared the guy because we were pretty close to hitting each other!!! But I got a great shot out of it :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment